What are the graduate student loan interest rates?
Graduate Stafford loans - Interest Rates
The interest rate on a new Graduate Stafford loan is fixed at 4.66%.
Graduate Private loans - Interest Rates
Graduate private loans offer variable interest rates based on a published index such as LIBOR (London Inter Bank Offering Rate) or the Wall Street Journal Prime Rate, plus a margin of additional interest based on your credit, averaging from -0.5% to 5% or more, depending on the lender, loan terms, and other factors. Because private student loans are credit-based, there is no way to publish an exact interest rate.
Graduate PLUS loans - Interest Rates
The interest rate on a new Graduate PLUS loan is fixed at 7.21%.
Did you still have questions you need answers to? Ask in our Graduate Financial Aid Forum!
Other graduate financial aid questions
- What are the graduate student loan interest rates?
- How much can you borrow with graduate student loans?
- What are the benefits of a private graduate loan?
- How do I qualify for graduate student loans?
- What is the best graduate student loan program?
- How do I apply for graduate financial aid?
- Why are my student loan disbursements lower than expected?
- What should I do if my family circumstances changed since submitting my financial aid applications?