Application and Form Center
Welcome to the GradLoans Forms and Application Center. Here you will find the most common forms you will need in relations to Federal Financial Aid. We also can provide you with application forms for various loans.
Financial Aid Help Forms
- Financial Aid Shopping Sheet - The federal shopping sheet is a financial aid award letter, designed to better allow students to compare college costs and financial aid across schools. This sample letter provides a good breakdown of financial aid types for parents and students looking to compare college costs.
- Financial Aid Checklist Worksheet - A helpful, printable form to keep track of what you need to do for Federal Financial Aid for the 2010-11 school year.
- Application Form Tracking Worksheet - Keep track of everything with this easy to use form.
- Cost of Attendance Worksheet - The cost of attendance is unique for each student. Use this sheet for personal calculations.
- Award Package Comparison Sheet - School offering varying awards and differing packages. Use this comparison sheet to weigh your options!
- Sample Scholarship Inquiry Letter
Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP) Deferment Forms
Deferment forms are used to temporarily suspend all principal and interest payments due to one of the circumstances below.
Economic Hardship Deferment Form
This form is used when you receive federal or state public assistance or earn less than a federal minimum wage or exceed a federally defined debt-to-income ratio. Generally speaking, if you are employed and your federal loan payments amount to more than 20% of your adjusted gross income (AGI), you use this form.
Education Related Deferment Form
This form is used if you are participating in a Graduate Fellowship program, internship and/or residency program, in a full-time rehabilitation training program or teaching in a federally designated teacher shortage area.
In School Deferment Form
If you are currently in school half-time or more at a Title IV, accredited college, you may be eligible to use this form to defer payments until 6 months after your graduation or 2 months after dropping out of your course of study.
This form can also be used for parents or legal guardians that borrowed a Federal Parent PLUS loan for their child.
Parental Leave / Working Mother Deferment Form
To quality for this loan, you must be pregnant or caring for a newborn or newly adopted child; must not be working full-time or attending school; must have been enrolled in school at least half-time during the six months preceding the requested deferment period; and must meet other conditions, or,
You must be the mother of a preschool age child, be working full-time but earning not more than $1 above minimum wage, and meet other conditions.
Public Service Deferment Form
Are you an active member of the U.S. Armed Forces, Peace Corps, a Public Health Worker, a worker at a tax-exempt organization or on duty for the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)? If so, this deferment may allow you to temporarily suspend your federal loan payments.
Temporary Total Disability Deferment Form
To qualify for this deferment, you must be unable to work and earn money or go to school for at least 60 days in order to recover from an illness or injury or care for a spouse or dependent with an illness or injury. The condition cannot have existed before you applied for the loan(s).
Unemployment Deferment Form
You must be seeking but unable to find full-time employment (more than 30 hours per week) that is expected to last at least 3 months.
Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP) Forbearance Forms
Forbearance forms can be used to temporarily suspend or reduce your monthly student loan payments due to one of the circumstances below.
Americorps (CNCS) Forbearance Form
This forbearance allows you to stop payments temporarily if you are serving in an approved national service position. The forbearance form must be certified by the Corporation for National Community Service (CNCS).
General Forbearance Form
This forbearance allows you to postpone or reduce the amount of your monthly payment for a limited and specific period of time.
Internship / Residency Forbearance Form
This forbearance allows you to postpone or reduce the amount of your monthly payment for a limited and specific period of time if you have been accepted into an Internship/Residency Program.
Loan Debt Burden Forbearance Form
This forbearance allows you to postpone or reduce the amount of your monthly payment for a limited and specific period of time if you provide acceptable documentation showing that your monthly payments for eligible education loan(s) exceed 20% of your total monthly gross income.
Teacher Loan Forgiveness Forbearance Form
This forbearance allows you to postpone your monthly payment for a limited and specific period of time while you are performing qualifying teaching service as a teacher in an eligible elementary or secondary school or educational service agency.
- Loan Forgiveness Form (Childcare)
- Loan Discharge Form (Disability)
- Loan Discharge Form (False Certification, Ability to Benefit)
- Loan Discharge Form (False Certification, Disqualifying Status)
- Loan Discharge Form (False Certification, Unauthorized Signature)
- Loan Discharge Form (School Closure)
- Loan Discharge Form (Teachers Forgiveness Program)
Financial Aid Professionals
All the above forms are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Reader to properly view and print them - download here.